Author Topic: How to show that music is authentic (that I actually bought it)?  (Read 3966 times)

Drums For Fun

How to show that music is authentic (that I actually bought it)?
« on: November 09, 2008, 07:39:53 AM »
I am going to download one of the snare solos from the “Let It Rip” series. I am using it for Solo and Ensemble this year. They (the Solo and Ensemble people) do, how ever, have a strict “no copies” rule, basically saying that if you have copies of the music, you can’t be judged. So, you have to buy the book or have a cover or something like that showing that you actually bought the solo. So how can I prove that I bought this solo when I hand them the solo that I have to print out? Is there something you can give me saying that it’s authentic?

-Thanks

lhstenor

Re: How to show that music is authentic (that I actually bought it)?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 09:26:03 AM »
When you buy music from Tapspace, you get a form of a receipt e-mailed to you. They may accept a printed copy of this as proof. Just a thought.
                                                       Travis
Travis Nestor
Compaq Presario 3000
Windows XP Home
2GB memory 100GB hard drive
Finale Allegro 2005 with VDL:2

Murray Gusseck

• Tapspace Publications
Re: How to show that music is authentic (that I actually bought it)?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:28:24 AM »
We actually have the ability to produce printed versions of these solos if that is indeed what is required. There would be a charge for this, and although it wouldn't be very high I'm not sure if that's what you'll need. Alternatively we can create a digital "festival" copy that would include a watermarked version of the score along with an official, signed letter from us stating that it is a legitimately obtained copy. There would be a small charge for this as well, but not as much as the first method. You can PM me for more details on either of these options and we can discuss further. Thanks!
Murray Gusseck
Tapspace Publications, LLC

#TAPSPACE