Author Topic: Karma?  (Read 23351 times)

Dave Ratliff

Karma?
« on: June 19, 2005, 06:10:08 PM »
What is the "Karma" thing about under the usernames?  I just noticed that mine has a 1 there but I am not sure what exactly I did to get that "1".

Anyone?  Bueller?

I put this here as I was not sure where to put it (which forum).
David Ratliff
Director of Bands
Madison Southern High School
Berea, Kentucky

Jim Casella

• Tapspace
Re: Karma?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 03:45:23 AM »
Hey Dave,

"Karma" is a fun little feature of our new forum. It basically allows another user to add to your Karma score which will eventually accumulate points over time. Just a way of giving thanks for helpful posters. Or (hopefully in rare cases) smiting someone who's causing problems. :)

Karma points can only be granted by registered users, and are only allowed once in a one hour time period.

Maybe once it catches on we can start bestowing seasonal Karma recognition awards for the most helpful posters or something. :)

Jim Casella

• Tapspace
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 04:06:41 AM »
Oh, and by the way, I don't think there's any way to tell who gave you a Karma point (unless they tell you). I guess that's why it's called "Karma." :)

Dave Ratliff

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 02:25:09 PM »
Jim,

Sounds cool.  Thanks for the info!  How do you go about "assigning another user a karma point"?
David Ratliff
Director of Bands
Berea, Kentucky

Dave Ratliff

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 02:26:53 PM »
HEY!  I just noticed that my 1 Karma point has evidently disappeared.  Does that mean someone "smited" me?  :)
David Ratliff
Director of Bands
Berea, Kentucky

m2mathew

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 03:35:52 PM »
I have looked all over and don't see a way to give Karma to someone else.

Anybody else found it?
Mike Mathew
Berkner High School - Richardson, TX
17" MBP | 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB RAM
Sibelius 7.1
VDL 2.5

gbass598

• Greatest Album Ever!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 12:52:15 PM »
there should be a little yay or nay under that persons name. All you need to do is to click that one you wish to give.
MacBook Pro
OSX 10.11.3
3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB RAM

Sibelius 7.5
VDL 2.5.5

m2mathew

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 02:03:43 PM »
It's not there for me.  Probably because I am a newbie.  Cool feature, though!
Mike Mathew
Berkner High School - Richardson, TX
17" MBP | 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB RAM
Sibelius 7.1
VDL 2.5

Paul

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 03:35:37 PM »
Yes, its a god idea, but you should also understand it works on similar principle in real life http://www.members.tripod.com/tathagata2000/enlightenment_what_is_karma.htm

CJ Young

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 08:08:12 AM »
I have some amount of negative karma.  I am not pleased by this.  I feel negative energy from people in this forum and instead of explaining to me what gives or just looking the other way, they feel the need to secretly "diss" me.  The karma idea is interesting, but nobody in real life can GIVE or TAKE karma from anyone else. Karma is a force unto itself and I believe it is being misrepresented here on this forum.  I try to contribute the best I know how and I don't believe I deserve "negative karma" from anyone.  If I have earned it, the world will give it to me, not some internet strangers. 

Cobybos

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 10:37:34 AM »
I have some amount of negative karma.  I am not pleased by this.  I feel negative energy from people in this forum and instead of explaining to me what gives or just looking the other way, they feel the need to secretly "diss" me.  The karma idea is interesting, but nobody in real life can GIVE or TAKE karma from anyone else. Karma is a force unto itself and I believe it is being misrepresented here on this forum.  I try to contribute the best I know how and I don't believe I deserve "negative karma" from anyone.  If I have earned it, the world will give it to me, not some internet strangers. 

Please do not take something on the internet personally!  It's just an internet forum.  I am sure you will see your karma increase as you contribute more to the forum.
Gabe Cobas

Mac Pro
3.0 GHZ
7 GB Ram

Sibelius 7
VDL:2.5
Logic 9
Pro Tools 10

M-Audio Axiom Pro 49

CJ Young

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 11:44:00 PM »
I feel you Cobybos. Maybe it's because I don't actually own VDL2 and the real Karma police are using the this internet forum karma to gently persuade me to buy it.

#TAPSPACE